Massachusetts Bar Association 1911
American Immigration Lawyers Association
The Florida Bar 1950
Puerto Rican Bar Association
ABA Defending Liberty Pursuing Justice
Puerto Rican Bar Association of Florida

Family Law

LMZ Law & Associates, is a full service law firm serving the entire state of Florida. From Orlando to Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We can help you with your family law needs. We offer legal assistance in the following areas of family law:

Divorce — Our firm handles all types of divorce cases from the simple dissolution of marriage cases, where there are no assets or children and both parties agree to the divorce, to the contentious divorce, involving high net worth individuals with children. Whether you are looking to file for divorce or have been served with papers to pursue a divorce or have been served with a petition for dissolution, our firm can help you during this process.

Custody, Visitation and time-sharing — Our firm represents people that want to enforce their parenting and time sharing rights. If you have an issue with custody, parental responsibility and/or time sharing, do not hesitate to contact us.

Child support — When dealing with a divorce, it isn’t just important to look to the present situation and resolve it. You must also look to the future and see if the arrangement that you might be agreeing to or petitioning will work for you and your children. When you petition for child support or agree to it, you must take into account the needs of your child next year, the year after that or in 10 years. So it is important to have a child support lawyer at your side that can help you navigate through this most important stage in the case.

Spousal support — As with child support, alimony is a very important aspect of dissolution of marriage or divorce. If you do not take into account your future needs and circumstances, you can be in a very difficult situation later in life. If you agree to pay too much, it can be a huge burden later on, and if you agree to receive too little, it can be difficult to forge ahead and live with quality life. There are several types of alimony, including temporary alimony, rehabilitative alimony, and lump sum alimony. It is important to choose a lawyer that really understands the differences and can help you choose what is best for you.

Relocation — When relocating, be it out of state or 50 miles or more away from the current residence, the party seeking the relocation must petition the court for permission to relocate the child. Failing to do so could lead to sanctions, contempt of court and could also affect custody in the case. The party that is requesting the relocation has the burden to prove that the relocation is necessary and that it would be in the best interest of the child. The court will take into account several factors, including the economic condition of the parents, living conditions in the new location compared to the old, the effect it will have on parental relationships with the child, the age of the child, the child’s preference, and whether the request is made in good faith or not.

Domestic violence — Domestic violence is a very serious issue. If you are a victim of domestic violence or have been wrongfully accused of domestic violence, you have to be proactive. We can help you with a restraining order or with your domestic violence case. Don’t delay, call us.

Modifications — When things change in your life, sometimes you are going to need to modify the courts determination. People often do not know they have the right, in certain circumstances, to petition the court to modify timesharing or parental responsibility determinations, or child or alimony awards. If there is a major life change, and it was not considered when the determination was made, you may be able to petition to modify. The change must be substantial and it is not an easy threshold to meet. But with the right guidance, preparation and the strategy, you could modify your case and change your life for the better.

Paternity — If your child was born out of wedlock, you will need to establish paternity for your child. When a child is born out of wedlock, the mother has sole parental responsibility over the child. In order to establish child support and a time-sharing schedule, you need to establish paternity first. We can help you with this process.

Client Reviews
I highly recommended LMZ Law & Associates, they are always there for you. They help me in the most difficult moment. Excellent service and very professional team. I will always be grateful for everything they did for my and my family. Rosalynn R.
After having several bad experiences with different attorneys, from never having a call returned, to having the opposite outcome of what was promised, I was fortunate to find them. I had a stress free experience, having a positive outcome after being told by at least 3 attorneys (and paying for it) that I didn't have a case. I STRONGLY recommend them! Juanita R.